Monday, December 17, 2012

E-Votion for Dec. 17


As I was writing my sermon this last week this song kept coming back into my head. It is The Servant Song written by Richard Gillard based on Matt. 20:26. The words are as follows I think it is a great prayer for your week!  

Brother, sister, let me serve you, let me be as Christ to you;
pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey; we’re together on this road.
We are here to help each other walk the mile and bear the load. 

I will hold the Christ-light for you in the night-time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you, speak the peace you long to hear. 

I will weep when you are weeping; when you laugh, I’ll laugh with you. 
I will share your joy and sorrow till we’ve seen this journey through. 

When we sing to God in heaven, we shall find such harmony,
born of all we’ve known together of Christ’s love and agony. 

Brother, sister, let me serve you, let me be as Christ to you;
pray that I may have the grace to let you be my servant, too.

I hope you are having a blessed Advent. Below you will find some events to keep in mind for this week.

Peace, Rev. Mike

EVENTS for December 17-23
-       Thurs.  5:30pm meet at the church to go caroling. I believe folks might be going out for dinner afterwards. Come for part, come for all, give a call (or text someone who texts) to see where we are if you want to meet up.
-       Sun. 10:30am WORSHIP, this Sunday the choir will be singing a Christmas cantata.  Please encourage others to come and hear our gifted choir.

Please keep in PRAYER-
Those with cancer:  Jessie, Doug, Joan, Patrick, Austin…
Those recovering from an injury or illness: Billy Philips, David, Michelle, Doug...
Those recovering from surgery: Gary, Sharah...
Those who are grieving: The community of Newtown, CT and the family and friends of Collin Crane and Laura Frank...

This week we had about 45 people participate in worship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join us for Online Worship

Join us at 10:30am Sunday on our Facebook page to stream a brief Facebook live worship service.  (A call in number on Zoom will be a...